Welcome to the TRAC Application web page. The application has three parts. Please follow these directions carefully to make certain
that your application is complete because partial applications will not be considered.
- Complete the online form (below). All text boxes with asterisks must be completed. NOTE: The standard application requirement of two faculty references
and two peer references is waived for nominated candidates. Therefore, be sure to check the appropriate box below and, if you have not been nominated,
supply the names and e-mail addresses of two faculty members and two peers who can attest to your qualifications for a TRAC Fellowship.
- Upload your application document. Your application document must have two main components: (1) Your personal statement/letter of interest in the TRAC Fellowship and (2) your writing sample, which includes two writing assignments you have completed for courses at Lehigh. Be sure to combine your letter and writing
samples into one document to be uploaded in the space provided below.
- Personal Statement/letter of interest. Read about the TRAC Writing Fellows program on the program website (URL below) and reflect on your own skills, interests, and educational goals. Then write a letter that explains your interest in the program. Your letter should address these questions:
- Specifically, why are you attracted to the program?
- How does the program correspond with your skills and talents, educational goals and interests?
- Why do you think you would be a good TRAC Writing Fellow?
- Writing Samples. Include two writing assignments that you have completed for courses at Lehigh. These writing samples should demonstrate your skill as a writer.
- Official Transcript. As part of your application, make a request to the Registrar to have a current official transcript sent to:
Dr. Gregory Skutches
8A East Packer Ave., Bethlehem, PA 18015
The Registrar will provide this service for $5.00 fee.
All application materials (including the transcript) must be received by Monday, April 10, 2017 at 4:00pm.
The Selection Process
Interviews. Promising candidates will be interviewed as a key component of the selection process. Interviews will be conducted during the week of Monday, April 17th. They will be held in the TRLC classroom in the Media Center on the lower level of Fairchild-Martindale Library. Candidates will receive more information about the interviews when they are contacted for scheduling. Decisions will be made the week of April 24th.
For more information, see:
The TRAC Writing Fellows website and the TRAC Program Information Page.
Questions? Contact Dr. Greg Skutches at TRACFellows@lehigh.edu or at ext 8-4932.